Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bybee's Results for 2009 and Plans for 2010

I threw myself into a frenzy of hunting and gathering Pulitzer fiction when I was back in the USA during February and July that I'm a little surprised that I only read 3 Pulitzers last year!

They were:

  • Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry

  • The Bridge of San Luis Rey - Thornton Wilder

  • Olive Kitteridge - Elizabeth Strout

For some reason, The Bridge of San Luis Rey caught on like crazy among my coworkers. I was surprised but pleased that my copy has been read and enjoyed by several readers.

During 2010, I really want to make some headway on the list. I'm more than halfway through, so this is the time for a little push. I'm eager to read The Way West by A.B. Guthrie, The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, The Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, and American Pastoral by Philip Roth.

Although I am never NEVER correct, I'd like to go ahead and try to predict the 2010 winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction: The Help by Kathryn Stockett or American Rust by Philipp Meyer.

2 comments:

ImageNations said...

would be waiting to read some of your reviews.

Kathleen said...

I look forward to your reviews. I've also wanted to read the Pulitzr prize winning novels one by one like this!